About Georgia Project WET
Project WET is Water Education for K-12 Teachers! (Also see our newest guide for early childhood below). Our goal is to promote awareness, appreciation, knowledge, and stewardship of water resources through classroom-ready teaching materials and educator workshops. Our Mission is to bring WATER EDUCATION to the world!
It's a Program--
designed for formal and non-formal educators of K-12 students grounded in defined beliefs reflected in the curriculum and training techniques.
It's a Curriculum--
of interdisciplinary activities developed, field-tested, and reviewed by educators and professionals and correlated to the current Georgia Education Standards.
Our Core Beliefs
- Water connects us all.
- Water is for all water users.
- We must manage water sustainably.
- We need to take personal responsibility for water resources.
What else can I do with Project WET?
- Connect to the PORTAL: access additional activity resources and information using the special code inside your GUIDE.
- Connect to DISCOVER WATER: use this free site with students to give them a fun and exciting way to better understand our water resources.
- Connect to NATIONAL PROJECT WET: visit the store, sign up for an online workshop, see what is happening with our global initiatives.